USG Corporation Director, Sales Operations - USG Ceilings Plus in California
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
We’re big enough that our professionals have the resources to make a difference, yet small enough that you’re not just a number. You’ll work on key initiatives and build strong relationships across the company that will position USG for growth into the future.
USG offers work-life balance, specialist and general/managerial career paths, promotion from within, exceptional benefits, and incredible long-term career opportunities for the right professional. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us – find out how you can join our team and build your career with USG:http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html.
You can also visithttps://www.facebook.com/USGCORPto learn more about what’s happening at USG.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following and performs additional responsibilities as assigned
- Develop and implement revenue and profit maximizing strategies for major projects throughout the country
- Leverage product portfolio and translate to solutions that create measurable value for the developer, contractor, and architect / interior design team
- Direct and manage team of Estimators, Inside Sales and Samples in organizing, controlling, monitoring and recording all activities of the sales process.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships between the engineers, subcontractors, manufactures reps; process administrative work (order changes, submittals, drawings, etc.); interpretation of drawings, specification and field concerns.
- Builds organization-wide relationships and influences others to move initiatives forward and position ideas to enhance likelihood for success.
- Pro-actively follow up on all product inquires.
- Collaborates on large jobs with Project Architects, Design Build Contractors, General Contractors/Construction Managers, Developers, and Owners to create unique and differentiated specifications that enable value added solutions for our customers
- Integrate with USG Sales Managers to capture comprehensive line of USG solutions
- Drive and enhance our sales approach to create demand thru basis of design specifications and drawings for unique solutions
- Align design intent with budget expectations during the design cycle working directly with architects, design build contractors and sub-contractors.
- Leveraging Salesforce to capture project follow-up activities, next steps and maintains active pipeline (estimated quantity, value and probability % of closure).
- Utilize sales as a partner to develop, track and close quotes.
- Focus on learning and applying continuous improvement through individual & team education & specialized training to enhance their technical competencies.
- Create a process rhythm and managing system, coordinating cross-functional engagement around in-scope projects.
- Develop and implement performance measurement indicators to continually improve the efficiency of managing activities related to in-scope projects
- Evaluate and improve existing process methods and responsiveness
- Collect and analyze data that impacts efficiencies and profit margins such as cost of labor, materials/ supplies, equipment, etc. in order to maximize quality and accuracy of bid in a timely manner.
- Participate in estimate and bid reviews with estimating team and Management to develop estimating skills.
- Analyze competitive landscape and make appropriate decisions that positively impact the business and communicate with owners, subcontractors, sales and other entities to ensure competitiveness.
- Acts as “Bid Captain” on complex and high touch bid projects, particularly plans and specs design-bid-build projects.
- Ensures a detailed and smooth “hand-off” from the bid team to various stakeholders.
- Anticipate and mitigate barriers, obstacles, or “roadblocks” impacting significant milestones.
Coordinate, prioritize, and direct cross-functional resources in a positive manner.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
Travel time up to and over 25% servicing respective market and within the assigned region
Minimum of 5 years of specialty ceilings sales or installation.
- Experience with multi-million-dollar territory management and job tracking and associated functions preferred.
- Demonstrated success with preparation and delivery of executive presentations on the business and financial success.
Experience in and familiarity with commercial construction processes. Ability to read and understand construction documentation
Salesforce.com power user preferred
- Trello and Microsoft Windows applications
- Strong business acumen and professionalism.
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills, including: negotiating, presentation, professional selling, conflict resolution and relationship building. Demonstrated ability to build influential strategic relationships at various levels within an organization as well as customer groups (owners, architects, contractors, etc.).
- Self-motivated with a focus on working to and exceeding targets.
- Effective and independent time and scheduling management of activities.
- Ability to set and self-manage priorities to ensure maximizing of account development maximization for both existing and new accounts.
- Ability to follow, and model, safe and ethical building and business practices, policies and procedures.
- Successfully manage and assess talent to develop a team.
Organization: *Ceilings-Business Dev and Integration-330-800
Title: Director, Sales Operations - USG Ceilings Plus
Requisition ID: CAL10147
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.