USG Corporation Campus Recruiter in Chicago, Illinois
This role is responsible for executing on the college recruiting process as outlined by USG's Talent Acquisition department. In this role you will be accountable for facilitating positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, driving the sourcing strategy, building our employer brand at universities and colleges, and ensuring adherence to our company values. Incumbent will be responsible for managing the hiring process for interns, co-ops and full-time candidates which includes on campus informational sessions, sourcing strategies, coordinating interviews and monitoring pre-hire screenings. This person will play a critical role in building USG’s reputation and brand on campus.
Our College Recruiters act as internal consultants for hiring managers, building long-term business relationships in order to fill roles with the best-matched talent. The Recruiter will partner closely with company leadership to understand business objectives, assess hiring needs and manage the process through the full recruiting lifecycle. You will build solid pipelines of candidates and have proven results in closing candidates.
We are seeking two internal College Recruiters, each managing half the US and potentially Canada, as well.
_KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES_
- Conduct full lifecycle recruiting including sourcing, pre-screening and face-to-face interviews through to candidate offer stage for designated schools
- Develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders and senior business leaders to effective drive our recruitment strategy based on hiring forecasts and recruiting priorities
- Act as the primary liaison for career services / student clubs at your designated universities/colleges
- Lead and organize on campus informational sessions, career fairs, networking events and interview schedules
- Help ensure recruiting process, interviews, and documentation follow EEO guidelines
- Deliver appropriate communication / messages to candidates and applicants when appropriate
- Maintain excellent, real-time data integrity, monitor performance and status metrics; communicate status and roadblocks up to recruiting leadership
- Operate autonomously towards personal metrics and goals
- Use internal recruiting systems; track progress against plans and adjust as required
- Travel requirement is 30 - 35%. There will be peak periods where you travel multiple weeks in a row (peak seasons are fall and spring academic semesters)
- Support recruiting leadership in various initiatives and special projects as needed (i.e., lead interviewer training)
_Education and Related Experience_ Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Previous recruiting or HR experience preferred
Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced, highly team-oriented environment
Experience managing large and small-scale recruiting events such as career fairs, mock interviews, or on campus interview days
Knowledge of key recruiting and recruiting research tools/skills
Results-driven and metrics-oriented
Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships
Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and natural ability to establish trust and credibility
Strong negotiating skills
Ability to partner with college and university program leaders
Taleo experience is a plus
Job: *Human Resources
Title: Campus Recruiter
Requisition ID: HQ 11166
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.