USG Corporation Network Engineer in Chicago, Illinois
The Network Engineer is accountable for the team that builds, manages, monitors, administers and secures the local, wide area, and wireless networks that power Corporate HQ and Plants in North America and Mexico.
The Network Engineer drives innovation for all WAN, LAN and wireless networks. This role provides thought leadership in the development of next-generation architectures enabling sophisticated automation, advanced robotics systems, and “Internet of Things” deployments as part of the Advanced Manufacturing projects. The manager is responsible for ensuring that security best practices are enforced.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provides day to day direction, technical leadership, and strategic direction for the team
· Hires, develops, and retains top talent to successfully maintain and incrementally improve the USG network
· Drives material cost reductions in network infrastructure by simplifying designs, leveraging economies of scale, and partnering with our strategic vendors.
· Builds vendor partnerships and leverages those relationships to ensure USG is receiving quality service within published SLA’s and within budget
· Oversees the maintenance, review and revision of contracts and leases for all network and telecommunications software, hardware and services.
· Administers, interprets and maintains current working knowledge of the required systems, procedures, forms and manuals as related to the assigned area of responsibility.
· Informs the team of new or updated service standards, systems, procedures, forms and manuals through staff meetings and verbal and written communications.
· Reviews and updates department documentation and policies and procedures related to the department goals and objectives.
· Consults and coordinates with various internal departments, external or business partners, providers and business entities as a representative of the areas of responsibility .
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, MBA preferred
· 7-10 years Network engineering experience
· Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
· Knowledge of scaled systems, ability to identify problem areas, uphold network quality, and drive design
· Proven ability to effectively lead and develop a team of network engineers and IT professionals
· In depth knowledge of WAN, LAN and wifi technology
· Strong knowledge of IT security requirements
· Experience with information security preferred
· 20% travel
· Location of the position is Chicago HQ
· Cisco Certification Network Administration,
· Cisco Certified Network Professional, or
· Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Corp-IT Ops-IT Infrastructure-185-19
Title: Network Engineer
Requisition ID: HQ 11163
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.