USG Corporation Architectural Sales Representative - ACT/CP/Ensemble (Denver) in Denver, Colorado
The Architectural Sales Representative applies extensive product, technical, and application expertise to promote USG ceilings products. The position establishes strong relationships with the Architectural and Design communities and services this group. In addition, the position collaborates effectively with USG’s local field sales team, key customers and other relevant industry influencers.
Position Description: 1. Maximizes USG's short and long term growth in sales volume, gross profit and industry position, with a particular focus on the ceilings business. 2. Proactively develops relationships with architects, interior designers, spec writers, owners, construction managers and general contractors to increase preference and demand for USG products and systems. Networks within the industry. 3. Actively tracks projects in the early design stages to influence the specification. Maintains and regularly updates in Salesforce.com a minimum number of projects where USG is/could be specified and share the information with the field sales team. 4. Communicates and collaborates within the Architectural Services team, Ceilings Division Management team, and other USG departments and divisions. Supports local field sales team and distribution partners. Team play is essential with this entrepreneurial individual contributor role. 5. Launches and promotes target products and programs. Monitors competitive activity and strategically promotes USG's offering. Works well in a fast paced environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Design, Marketing, Business, related field or equivalent work experience. Advanced education beyond a Bachelor’s Degree is a plus.
- Two year minimum of Architectural Sales experience or Project Management experience in an Architectural or Design Firm. Technical expertise/aptitude required. If not already attained, will need to become AIA Certified to deliver CEU presentations. USG sponsored training courses may need to be scheduled. LEED Accreditation preferred.
- Self-starter with very strong organizational, time management, and problem solving abilities.
- Computer proficiency required in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). Salesforce.com is used daily to record and share information. Other industry related computer skills (CAD, REVIT, Sketch Up, Presentation software, etc.) are a plus.
- Proven ability to identify key decision makers and build relationships. An adept networker. Membership in at least one industry group involving periodic evening meetings will be expected.
- Good listener. Strong written and oral communication skills (English). Interactive presentation skills. Good client/Customer service skills.
- Physical requirements include the ability to carry 30 lbs. and drive a car (valid driver’s license required).
- Authorized to work in the United States. The position will cover the Colorado, Wyoming and Utah markets.
Organization: *Ceilings-Arch Svcs Rep West-330-241
Title: Architectural Sales Representative - ACT/CP/Ensemble (Denver)
Requisition ID: DEN10008
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.