USG Corporation Maintenance Mechanic (Mine/3rd Shift) - Sperry in Mediapolis, Iowa
For more than 110 years, Chicago-based USG has been a leader in producing innovative, award-winning products and systems to build everything from major commercial developments and residential housing to home improvements. Find out how you can join the team and build your career: http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html. We are seeking a Maintenance Mechanic to perform the following:
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by performing required maintenance on motors, pneumatic tools, hydraulic systems, conveyor systems, and production machines.
- Ability to detect sources of problems by troubleshooting, observation, and use of detection tools.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Operation of hoists, cranes, and hand /power tools.
- Monitoring parts stock to ensure optimum inventory is maintained.
On-going pursuit of technical knowledge through available skill building avenues.
This position is in an underground gypsum mine on the 3rd shift (11PM to 7AM). Overtime and weekend work can occur. Operating schedule is subject to change based on business levels.
- Prior exposure to industrial safety requirements is preferred.
- Must be able to meet the essential physical requirements of the position including ability to lift items 49 pounds or less and negotiate uneven terrain, ramps, steps and ladders .
- Must have regular and predictable attendance.
- Must have ability to safely operate plant mobile equipment.
- Have ability to understand verbal and written instructions from plant supervision and efficiently and effectively perform assigned tasks.
- Responsible for maintaining a set of personal tools as specified in the operator rate program.
- Possess a maintenance skill set that includes working knowledge of welding/cutting, engine mechanics, hydraulics, transmissions, pumps, and piping systems.
Organization: *Sperry-Mine Maintenance
Title: Maintenance Mechanic (Mine/3rd Shift) - Sperry
Requisition ID: SPE10199
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.