USG Corporation Gas Field Leasing Technician (Oakfield) in Oakfield, New York
- Leasing and Right of Way acquisition as needed to support all gas field operations.
- Lease file and royalty updates – keep all files including lease records, royalty database, lease database, unit maps and property maps up to date. Search court house records as needed.
- Prepare surface releases and lease cancelations as needed- work with landowners and lawyers to complete all documentation as required. Update plant files as needed
- Track landowner “free gas” usage. Send letters twice per year with usage. Bill landowners as needed and track payments.
- Contact landowners about any safety issues and routinely send corresponds to them about the safe use of gas within their homes. (includes repairs and leaks)
- Work with and contact landowners (1500 ) as needed.
- Well plugging – work with landowners on all and any issues that occur. Help with sales of wells if applicable.
- Monitor all assessments and tax bills for well production and plant properties.
- Track all overriding royalties and special payments due to landowners and third parties.
- This person is the main contact for Dig Safely NY – the 3000( ) notices we receive must be tracked and responded to in a prompt and timely manner per NYS laws. The plant receives a rating on this yearly and the NYS PSC reviews these records.
- Attend Dig safely meetings – min 2 per year
- Contact landowners about gypsum mine issues
- Work with local farmers on plant property rentals and misc
- Population density survey updates and public educations
- Work with local government officials – planning boards, assessors, highway departments
- Contact landowners as needed for leak repairs and pay crop damage as needed
- Maintain public relations for company with landowners, government officials, third party contractors and lawyers.
- Assist department foreman as needed.
- Public education about gas field operations
- Coordinate Dig Safely Program
- Landowner gas usage for DEC yearly report
- Participate and help with plant and department safety programs
Ag exemptions on plant property
- Computer Literate (word, excel, access, stand alone software)
- Organized and very motivated, self starter
- Requires excellent communication skills both verbal and written as you will be dealing with a wide variety of people (working with over 1500 landowners, various government officials, lawyers and several contractors)
- Must possess critical thinking skills; be able to work independently; influence others; and have effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in natural gas leasing is helpful
- Able to search court house deed records (title search work) is a plus
- Able to work with people of all backgrounds
- Must be able to work safely
- Must have a clean driving record
- It is extremely important to generate company goodwill with all landowners
- Must be able to deal with landowners who are upset in a positive manner /EOE including disability/veteran/
Organization: *Oakfield-Gas Field
Title: Gas Field Leasing Technician (Oakfield)
Location: New York-Oakfield
Requisition ID: OAK10244
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.