USG Corporation Building Systems Shared Sales Representative - South Carolina and Coastal Georgia in South Carolina
The Sales Representative position is a field-based position responsible for developing and enhancing USG’s current and potential account relationships in the territory. Effectively manage sales territory covering the state of South Carolina and Coastal Georgia, providing sales and service support to an existing customer base comprised of gypsum specialty dealers and acoustical dealers. This position is headquartered in or near Columbia, South Carolina region but has some flexibility.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initiate, develop and manage customer facing relationships with primary role of calling on specialty distribution
- Prospect new business within current distribution and maintain relationship with all market distribution and key contractors / influencers
- Assist and navigate maintenance of business issues (competitive intelligence, complaint handling, product information, customer service issues, etc.)
- Request services from Division sales (contractor/specialty reps/ASR)
- Serves as a business advisor to customer
Supports and actively maintains sales data within Salesforce.com
Performance: Vision/Strategic Capability
Anticipates future trends/needs
Analyzes the marketplace to develop a sound, long-term strategy to attain the vision and goals
Drive for Results
Responds quickly to problems and opportunities
Confronts and addresses tough issues
Performance: Business and Market Knowledge
Understands our industry, market, customers and our competition
Problem Solving and Decision Quality
Identifies key issues and responds proactively
Makes decisions in a timely manner, even in the face of ambiguity and adversity
Relates well to a variety of people
- Effectively builds rapport
- Listens well, probes others’ ideas actively
- Treats others with respect, facilitates exchange of information and ideas
Resolves conflicts in a constructive manner
Communicates with Impact
Articulate, speaks clearly and succinctly
- Presents ideas well one-on-one and in groups
- Has a confident style
Persuasive, engages with others to engender mutual understanding and cooperation
Doesn’t focus on internal processes to the exclusion of customer issues
- Accurately anticipates customer needs and proactively meets/exceeds expectations and requirements of external and internal customers
Bottom-line driven: knows that the company makes money by selling the customer a good product
Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field.
Travel time up to and over 50% servicing respective market and within the assigned region
Sales/functional experience and industry knowledge in sales or similar functional area.
Salesforce.com power user preferred
- Effective and collaborative problem-solving skills to determine root causes, evaluate alternatives and implications of chosen alternatives, choose appropriate and best course of action in a timely manner
- Strong business acumen and professionalism.
- Proven communication skills, including: negotiating, presentation, professional selling, conflict resolution and relationship building.
- Strong collaboration skills to achieve results within territory and region specifically, but that support goals of division and the entire shared sales organization.
- Demonstrated and effective interpersonal skills to effectively interact with customers and USG staff.
- Self-motivated with a focus on working to and exceeding targets.
- Effective and independent time and scheduling management of activities.
- Ability to set and self-manage priorities to ensure maximizing of account development maximization for both existing and new accounts.
Coaching skills to effectively train and develop Account Representatives and prepare them for future opportunities.
Excellent project management and problem-solving skills to effectively maintain/increase USG 's market position.
Organization: *Bldg Sys-Account Rep Carolinas-705-153
Title: Building Systems Shared Sales Representative - South Carolina and Coastal Georgia
Location: South Carolina
Requisition ID: SOU10252
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.